This form is used to appeal a parking citation issued by USC that is believed to have been issued in error or improperly. An appeal must be submitted within twenty-one (21) days of the citation issue date. Please allow 24 hours for your citation to be uploaded to our system before attempting to appeal or pay.
Unacceptable Grounds for Appeal
“I only parked illegally for a short period of time.”
“It was inconvenient for me to park in a designated space or area.”
“I misunderstood or didn’t see the sign.”
“I saw other people doing it, so I thought it would be okay”
1. Fill out ONE appeal form stating all the facts related to the issuance of the citation. After submitting the appeal, the online system will display a confirmation page. Please print out that page for your records. If you have any questions regarding this process please contact us at email@example.com
2. Submit any evidence substantiating your appeal via fax (213) 740-8110, in person, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised, all evidence must be submitted at the time of appeal. You must write your citation number on your evidence. Please keep a copy of any submitted items.
3. Online appeals will be reviewed by a Hearing Officer within 5-7 business days of submission. Check the status of your appeal by visiting: https://usc.t2hosted.com/cmn/auth.aspx
Important Do’s and Don’ts
- Appeal citation within 21 days of citation issuance.
- Be specific and thorough – vague or incomplete appeals will be rejected.
- Submit evidence, with citation number included, at the time of citation.
- Keep a copy of any evidence you submitted.
- Do not fill out multiple appeal forms – this will only delay the appeals process.
- Do not forget to submit your evidence.
- Do not leave out significant details to your appeal. The Hearing Officer cannot consider issues which were omitted by the appellant.
- Do Not attempt to look up or appeal your citation the same day it is issued. Please wait 24 hours for your citation to be uploaded into our online system.
How do I check the status of my appeal?
Online appeals are reviewed by a Hearing Officer within 5-7 business days of submission. You can check the status of your appeal by visiting https://usc.t2hosted.com/cmn/auth.aspx.
How do I submit evidence for my appeal?
Submit your evidence within 5 days of filing your appeal. You can submit your evidence by: faxing us at (213) 740-8110, emailing email@example.com, or by dropping off your evidence in person at the Transportation office located at 620 McCarthy Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089. Always include your citation number.
What should I do if I disagree with the decision made by the Hearing Officer?
If there is disagreement with the decision of the reviewing Hearing Officer, the citation may be appealed to the next level of review, which is the Citation Review Board (CRB). The CRB is composed of members from the Student Senate and non-Transportation Faculty and Staff. The respective governing boards of these organizations choose their member representative. USCTransportation management do not serve on the CRB, but do act as ad hoc advisory members (without voting powers) to provide information about parking regulations and parking areas or locations. All decisions by the CRB are final.
If you wish to reappeal to the CRB you must submit a new WRITTEN appeal with any additional facts and/or evidence along with full payment of the citation to USCTransportation. Reappeals cannot be done online. Once received, your appeal will be submitted to the panel for further review during their predetermined hearing sessions. Your attendance is not required for this hearing. Once the decision has been rendered, a letter will be mailed out to you informing you of their decision. Please allow up to 90 days for review and processing on 2nd level appeals.
I don’t have internet access or I keep getting an error message when trying to appeal, how can I appeal my citation?
In lieu of an online form, you can appeal your citation by faxing us at (213) 740-8110 or by mailing in the appeal form to USCTransportation, 620 McCarthy Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089. You may also visit us in person during reqular business hours. Please choose ONE method of appeal. Multiple appeals for the same citation will delay your appeal process.
How can I be sure you received my appeal?
You can check the status of your appeal by visiting https://usc.t2hosted.com/cmn/auth.aspx. If you receive an error message while checking the status of your appeal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agreement To Abide By Decision
Submission of this form indicates an agreement to abide by the decision of the adjudicating authority.I Agree - Continue to Appeal Form