Invitations for the fall program will go out August 10. If you would like an invitation to the summer program, and you are
a current USC student, faculty, or staff member, please fill out this form.
General Program Reminders:
- The summer program will operate May 16-August 9. Hours of operation are:
- At UPC: 6:00pm – 2:00am, seven days a week (*On home football game days, the program begins 5 hours after scheduled kickoff.)
- At HSC: 5:00pm – midnight, Monday-Friday only
- The program runs on limited credits that automatically renew every month; USC does NOT pay for cancellations fees, tips, PrimeTime upcharges, or added stops. If your ride starts and ends within the appropriate campus geofence, and in all other ways qualifies for the program, it will say “FREE” in the fare quote box.
- Please do not share your invite with anyone! Invites are unique and once they are activated, they will not work again.
- If you enter or exit the Lyft vehicle outside of the USC geofence, the app will automatically charge you for your ride. Make sure you enter and exit the vehicle within the USC geofence.
- Similarly, rides are covered within the geofence surrounding each campus. Rides between campuses are not covered.
- Free ride hours may change due to holidays, home football games, etc. On these days, we will update the service hours on this page and in the promo section of the Lyft app.
- If you change your phone number, don’t create a new Lyft account. Instead, tap on ‘Settings’ and type in your new phone number, then ‘Save’. Visit Lyft support if you need assistance.
- You are solely responsible for compliance with Lyft Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Failure to comply to their guidelines and terms of service may result in deactivation from the Lyft Platform. If one or more are violated, you will be given notice of the potential or actual deactivation, and an opportunity to attempt to resolve the issue prior to Lyft permanently deactivating your account. All disputes and claims shall be communicated and resolved directly between you and Lyft.
How exactly does it work?
- Current USC students, faculty and staff have access to free rides provided by Lyft. The rides must be within either the UPC or HSC geofence and be requested within a qualifying time frame. Rides that begin or end outside of the geofence at any time are not be covered, regardless of the address you entered when you requested the ride. Rides with added stops are also not covered.
- You must choose USC Lyft Ride – Classic as your ride option. USC does not cover LUX rides.
- The UPC program operates from 6pm – 2am, daily. During these hours, you can take a free Lyft Classic ride inside the USC Lyft Ride Program boundary.
- The HSC program operates from 5pm – midnight, Monday through Friday only. The HSC program enables you to receive free rides within the boundary, and to/from HSC and Union Station. If you need access the the HSC program, please click here.
- If you also happen to have a Lyft Business account, make sure you take your ride in PERSONAL mode, indicated near the payment method on the request screen.
If you have any questions or experience any difficulties, please contact Michelle Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need your invitation resent, please click here.
How do I confirm that my ride is free?
- It will say ‘USC Lyft Rides’ or ‘HSC USC Rides’ in the “Payment” section of the Lyft app.
- The quote fare box will say FREE after you enter your pick-up and drop-off locations.
- You will get a $0.00 receipt after your ride is completed.
UPC Lyft Drop-off/Pick-Up Zones:
Approved on-campus rideshare drop-off/pick-up zones 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Parkside Apartments
- Downey Way
- Kennedy Field
- Uytengsu Aquatics Center
- TRF Research
- USC Hotel
Approved McCarthy/Fig rideshare zones 8:00pm – 6:00am:
- EVK (inside McCarthy Way Entrance)
- Lot V (behind Ostrow School of Dentistry on Jefferson Blvd.)
- USC Hotel
Approved University Village rideshare zones:
- Cardinal Gardens Apartments, near Metro stop at McClintock
- Hebrew Union College, on 32nd Street
Additional Safety tips when using Lyft
- VERIFY YOUR DRIVER AND CAR: Once you have requested a ride through the Lyft app, you can view the driver’s photo, license plate number, and the make, model and color of the car in the app. When your ride arrives, make sure the information in the app matches the arriving vehicle. Never take a ride you did not request, or get into a car that doesn’t match the details provided by the Lyft app.
- GO THE EXTRA MILE: Lyft’s Share Location feature allows you to invite friends to follow your trip in real-time. Too much effort? Call a friend and stay on the line while you’re in the car instead.
If you still have questions regarding the USC Lyft program, please contact us via email at email@example.com.