Please read on for the latest news and announcements from USC Transportation:
NEW! USC Football Game Day Letter from AD Mike Bohn (posted 8/31/21)
Please click here to read the Game Day and Coliseum updates letter from USC Athletic Director Mike Bohn, with important details regarding the “NO TAILGATING” policy for USC’s first game vs. San Jose State on Sept. 4.
Additional appointment blocks added! (posted 8/19/21)
In response to growing demand for appointments at our University Park Campus office (located in the McCarthy Structure, enter from the quad side), we have made a new set of appointment blocks available online. Please visit our appointments web page here to book an appointment for in-person customer service. Same-day appointments are NOT available. We do not require an appointment, but they are strongly recommended. Walk-ins will be severely limited as the University continues to practice social distancing in the wake of COIVD and its variants; customers with appointments will be helped before walk-ins.
Graduate Student U-Pass now Available! (posted 8/16/21)
USC Transportation partners with the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) to offer the Graduate Student U-Pass program; the reduced fare transit pass offers USC graduate students unlimited rides on Metro’s rail and bus lines for any given semester. If you need help or have any questions about the program, please contact USC Transportation Rideshare Coordinator Maira Sanchez via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Graduate U-Pass will be available for purchase for the Fall 2021 semester starting on Monday, August 16. The program dates will be from August 16, 2021 through January 23, 2022 (23 weeks in total). The cost is $103 ($105 for new sign-ups, which adds the cost of a card). Please see the Fall 2021 U-Pass data sheet for complete details and answers to FAQs. Thank you.
USC Students Fall services announcement (posted 8/13/21)
USC Transportation would like to remind all students of the following service reminders for the Fall 2021 semester:
Fall permit sales continue online; you can purchase a permit directly from the options available through our website at www.usc.edu/transportation; start by finding the “Access my Account” link under the “Parking” header, and then follow the prompts. You can cancel your permit anytime by returning it to us if the campus access plans/teaching schedules change.
USC Buses are returning to expanded levels of service; the Fall schedule is currently posted on our “Bus Map & Schedules” page, here. Many of our bus routes have returned to their pre-COVID schedules, but some will continue to operate on a reduced basis as we re-hire and train additional drivers. Please continue to monitor our website for service updates.
The Safe Rides Program will solely be operated by Lyft during the Fall semester; Campus Cruiser will not be available. The program will pay for Lyft SHARED rides only; Classic rides will still be available short-term, but only until the SHARED option is reinstated on the platform. Please be sure to wear your mask at all times, and follow all other Lyft Community Guidelines.
All invitations to join the Lyft program for Fall will be emailed automatically beginning Monday, August 16; do NOT share your invitation with others, as doing so will deactivate your account. If you do not receive an invitation by August 20, please email email@example.com to request one. IMPORTANT REMINDERS: The program runs on credits that automatically renew every month; USC does NOT pay for cancellations fees, tips or PrimeTime upcharges. If your ride starts and ends within the appropriate campus geofence, and in all other ways qualifies for the program, it will say “FREE” in the fare quote box; again, the program will only pay for Lyft SHARED rides once that offering returns. Hours of operation beginning August 16 are:
- At UPC: 6:00pm – 2:00am, seven days a week
- At HSC: 5:00pm – midnight, Monday-Friday
Appointments for in-person office visits are still highly recommended; we are accepting walk-ins on a limited basis, but will give priority to those with appointments. You can make an appointment online here; please remember that per USC/LA County guidelines, masks are required inside buildings at all times, regardless of your vaccination status.
Trojan Check will be reinstated for campus/selected building access on August 19; please complete your daily attestation before coming to campus and be prepared to have it scanned upon entry to campus.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you!
Fall Bus Schedule now available! (posted 8/12/21)
The new, printable bus schedule for Fall is now available on our main bus Map & Schedules page (here); Fall Semester 2021 bus routes will begin on Monday, August 23rd. We will continue to expand our service throughout the semester as we are able to increase staffing levels to meet our demand. Please continue to check the Map & Schedules page for updates on added service.
USC Employee Fall services announcement (posted 8/10/21)
As posted on the USC Employee Gateway page on Monday, August 9, please note the following service announcements for Fall:
Fall permit sales continue online! Employees can purchase parking permits directly from the USC Transportation website. (Start by finding the “Access my Account” link under the “Parking” header, and then follow the prompts.) NOTE: All interested employees need to purchase a new permit – please do not use the “Renew” option. Click on “Get Permit” instead. Permit costs are listed for the entire two years an employee permit is valid; if you continue through to the “View Cart” screen, there will be a dropdown menu of payment options, from which you can/should select pretax monthly payroll deduction. The monthly charge will then come out of your paycheck automatically. You can cancel your permit anytime by returning it to USC Transportation if your unit plans/schedule changes.
USC buses will continue to expand their services throughout the fall semester. An initial fall schedule will be posted the week of August 16 on the “Bus Map & Schedules” page, here, and stay tuned for updates! Per USC/LA County guidelines, masks are also required while taking the USC bus at all times, regardless of your vaccination status.
If you need to make an appointment, in-person office visits are still highly recommended. Walk-ins are accepted on a limited basis but priority will be given to those with appointments. You can make an appointment online here.
Trojan Check will be reinstated for campus access in August. Please complete your daily attestation before coming to campus and be prepared to have it scanned upon entry to campus.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Metro Connector Project (posted 8/9/21)
Please see the attached flyer from Metro regarding a Regional connector project that affects the Expo Line surrounding USC.
Summer Graduate U-Pass Program offering (posted 6/17/2021)
In response to a petition submitted by Ph.D. students, we notified the USC community today that we would be bringing back the Summer Graduate U-Pass program in 2021. The notice sent to Administration and the Graduate Student Government in response to the petition can be found here; the process for purchasing the summer U-Pass is detailed below. Please let us know if you have any questions.
The Graduate Student U-Pass program is available for the remainder of the Summer Semester; the program dates are 6/21 – 8/15/2021, and the pass cost is $31.50, payable via credit card. The process to purchase it is as follows:
- Go to our website at usc.edu/transportation
- Under the “Parking” header, click on “Access My Account”
- Enter your ten-digit USC ID# and password, and click the “Log In” button. You can also create an account on this page if you do not yet have one. If you forget your password, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it reset
- On the Parking Portal page, select the drop-down arrow next to “Permits” at the top, and then click on “Get Permits.” Click the “Next” button on the following screen.
- On the following page, the top box is asking for your Subclassification. *IMPORTANT: for the Graduate U-Pass program, select “Student – BUS U-PASS GRAD STUDENT” from the drop-down menu. Complete/confirm all the other required fields, and click on the “Next” button at the bottom.
- On the “Select Pass…” page, choose either a new card (for an extra $2 charge), or just a renewal (if you have an existing card). Check the agreement box and click on the “Next” button to continue. Click the “Next” button on the following screen.
- On the “View Cart” page, select a payment method from the drop-down menu, enter/confirm your email address, and click “Pay Now” at the bottom of the page. You will be directed to another screen to enter your card details.
If you chose to renew, your existing card will be loaded within 48 hours. If you purchased a new card, it will be mailed to you. Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting our RideShare Coordinator at email@example.com.
Fall 2021 Permit Process Update (posted 6/17/2021)
The new permit purchasing process has been distributed via email, also appears here, and will appear on the USC Gateway on Monday, June 21. Please read the memo for complete details, the highlights of which appear below:
- ALL employee permits expire 6/30/2021; we are asking all employees to go online through our website to purchase a new one, effective July 1.
- You do not have to purchase a permit starting in July if you do not know what your unit/department plans are yet. If you do wait to purchase a permit until a later time, you will be subject to location availability at the time of purchase.
- Two new value permits have been created to assist employees who will be on campus a few days/week or less – please refer to the memo for complete details.
- As always, let us know if you have any questions. The best way to reach us is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates for Summer/Fall 2021 (posted 5/15/2021)
As the University continues moving forward with their plans to reopen, we wanted to post the following reminders for Summer/Fall 2021:
- Parking remains free of charge for all USC employees and students through June 30, 2021. PLEASE NOTE: while there is no fee for permits, you must still display a permit in your vehicle so we know you are an employee/student. Fall 2020/Spring 2021 permits that have expired are fine, and will be honored through 6/30 – there is no additional action you need to take. If you do not have a permit, and need one between now and June 30, please log into or create an account on the permits section of our website, and “purchase” a permit (at no cost) that you can print from home and display in your vehicle.
- New parking permits will be required for ALL campus constituents effective July 1, 2021. We will also begin charging for permits again on that date. We will be announcing the process for each campus both on this page and via direct email in the coming weeks; please check back frequently for updates.