Oct 27 – Schedule Change
Our operational hours will be shortened due to the 7:30 pm kick off for the USC football game on Thursday, October 27. Campus Cruiser and Uber will open at midnight. Campus Cruiser will be open from midnight until 2:45am. Uber will be open from midnight until 2 am. Please remember that the USCBus system will operate normal hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Campus Cruiser App for the HSC campus
You can now use the Campus Cruiser app to request a ride at the Health Sciences Campus. To get the app click on the link below under How To Request A Ride.
Service times on football game days
Due to heavy traffic following USC and the LA Rams home football games, Campus Cruiser service and USC’s supplemental Uber program will start approximately 4 1/2 hours after the start of each late afternoon game.
If you are one of the many individuals who work, study or take classes at night, you don’t have to walk to your car or home alone. The USC Campus Cruiser Service offers either a walking or vehicle escort to your destination. To arrange for a pick up please refer to the table below.
|University Park Campus||6:00 pm - 2:45 am||7 days a week||213.740.4911|
|Health Sciences Campus||5:00 pm - 10:00 pm||Mon - Fri||323.442.2100|
Riders can now make a request online at usc.ridecell.com or through our smartphone app. Placing an automated Cruiser request allows riders to be matched with a driver instantly, receive real-time trip updates, and have complete driver visibility throughout the entire ride experience.
HOW TO REQUEST A RIDE:
• Through our web request interface at usc.ridecell.com
• Within the free iPhone app available in the iTunes store, or the Android app available at:
• By calling dispatch at 213.740.4911
SIGN UP IN 2 SIMPLE STEPS:
1. Sign up using your valid @usc.edu email address (only valid @usc.edu accounts are authorized) at usc.ridecell.com or within the Campus Cruiser app.
2. Enter the 3-digit verification code that gets sent to your email account.
REQUEST A CRUISER IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
1. Specify the address or building code of your pick up location, your drop-off location, and any special equipment required [NOTE: Campus Cruiser does not handle the following types of calls: to or from a commercial location, locations out of the service boundary, and calls that are along the USC Bus routes.]
2. Receive a confirmation notification once you’re assigned to a Cruiser
3. Track your Cruiser real-time within the smartphone or web interface!
Cruisers wait a maximum of 3 minutes after arriving at rider’s pickup location.
Riders should not request a Campus Cruiser unless they are ready to be picked up!
Remember, Cruisers need a specific address for a pick up location!
Please adhere to the following Campus Cruiser guidelines:
If you are in need of a ride after hours or outside of Campus Cruiser boundaries a USC friendly alternative is Yellowcab. Yellowcab now accepts USCard!. Please call (800) USC-TAXI or click here for more information
When calling Campus Cruiser, please have the following information ready:
- The address of your current location or building name if you are on campus.
- The address of your destination or building name if you are going to campus.
- The number of males and number of females who will be going to the destination.
- Your last name.
This information is for identification purposes, as well as to make our service as efficient as possible. If other customers have similar locations and destinations, we may group you with them in the same car in order to save time.
Calls are handled on a first come, first-served basis. We do not accept advance reservations.
Due to the occasional high volume of calls received, there may be a delay in pick-up response time. Campus Cruisers are only allowed to service assigned passengers and cannot pick up those who are waiting for their ride. You may check the status of your cruiser using our online tracking system.
Your safety as well as the safety of our student Campus Cruiser personnel is our first concern. All Campus Cruiser vehicles are clearly marked and personnel stay in constant communication with the dispatcher.