Powered by Lyft
This program is suspended May 9th through August 24th. Please utilize Campus Cruiser for your summer transportation needs.
How does it work?
- New students will receive an invite from Lyft on August 14th, 2019.
- Returning students are automatically activated and should check for USC Safe Rides in the promo section of the app.
- New students will then activate your current Lyft account or create a new account through this invite.
- Any Lyft Shared ride inside the Lyft Safe Ride Program boundary between 7pm and 2am will be free.
If you have any questions or run in to any difficulties, please contact Michelle Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I check my ride is free?
• It will say USC Safe Rides in the promo section of the app.
• The quote fare box will say FREE after you enter your pick-up and drop-off locations.
• You will get a $0.00 receipt after your ride is completed.
A few other things to know:
- Please do not share your invite with anyone. Invites are unique and once they are activated they will not work again.
- You must select Shared from the ride options.
- A Lyft Shared ride is 1–2 passengers – so you may bring one other person
on your free ride. Please ignore any fee shown on the app for an extra person, your credits will cover this cost.
- Credits will automatically renew every month—you do not have to do anything to renew credits.
- Free ride hours may change due to holidays, football games, etc. On these days, we will update the service hours on this page.
- Access to campus is limited from 8pm and Lyft will not be able to enter for pick-up or drop-off. If you want to get picked up on campus, please call Campus Cruiser at 213.740.4911
Ride Share Zones:
Ride share zones 6 am – 9 pm*
4.Uytengsu Aquatics Center
10.USC Hotel, rear entrance
*From 8pm to 9pm, the only access points to campus are at McClintock/Jefferson
McCarthy/Fig Rideshare zones 9 pm – 6 am
1.Outside Watt Way Entrance
2.Outside Downey Entrance
3.Outside Jefferson Entrance
4.Outside Royal Entrance
Safety tips when using Lyft
- TRAVEL IN PAIRS: Travel with a friend – the “safety in numbers” concept really works, especially if your judgment is impaired.
- VERIFY YOUR DRIVER AND CAR: Once you have requested an Lyft ride, you can view the driver’s rating. When your ride arrives, make sure the driver’s photo, license plate number, and vehicle description match. Never take a ride you did not request or get into a car that doesn’t match the details provided by the Lyft app.
- GO THE EXTRA MILE: The Lyft app’s “share your ETA” function allows you to invite friends to see your trip in real-time. The app will draft a text message you can share with friends that includes your ETA and a link to a live map that allows them to track your trip. Too much effort? Call a pal and stay on the line while you’re in the car instead.